Tuesday 22 January 2008

What's so great about happy endings?


The thing about happy endings is that they're still endings!!


When were reading, listening or even living a story, we can deal with all the drama, the trauma and the nerve wrecking second tries; just for that marvelous happy ending!! When Cinderella finally marries Prince charming after having to put up with her horrific step sisters and step-mother, the story ends there! What's the point? When she finally reaches her highest point of happiness, it ENDS!!


Why is it that we work hard, sacrifice a lot, get lost on the way and find our way back just to have that fairy-tale ending?! Why can't we have a fairy-tale beginning? Why can't we just be happy from the start?


You may be thinking that all this is just unrealistic, you may even be one of those who think people don't deserve to be happy from the start, and that they need to work hard to achieve happiness.. I can agree to some extent with both these theories, BUT I would at least like to know what comes after the happy endings? What are Cinderella and Prince charming up to now? Are they still happy?


Unless someone can answer my question, I think I will start skipping the last chapter in a book! I'd rather use my imagination to create tens of chapters where happiness never ends!


Having said that, this is my blog! This is my happy beginning, with no endings.. I don't promise to blog forever, but I won't end this blog ever!

2 comments:

  1. well, prince charming is probably exposed to PMS for the first time, and sees a different side to cinderella, they'll probably fight over which side of the bed each of them wants to sleep on, but i would like to believe that after all that they will live to be happy still.

    don't you dare ruin the disney movies for us. they are happy endings, and we want to keep them that way. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Froggy!! i'm all for the happy just not the ending :p

    and i'm loving the analysis of the mr. and mrs. charming household :p

    ReplyDelete