Monday 22 September 2008

what's in a photo

It was a photo I saw at a friends house AGES ago.. it was black and white and simply beautiful.. I could look at it for hours and it just made me happy..

The two faces in the photo were hidden, it seemed to me like they were laughing so hard that they hid their faces unintentionally as the camera snapped that gorgeous moment! I loved it...

I had so many questions about the two in the photo which my friend simply answered with a smile.. I didn't pay much attention I was too involved in the moment..

6 months later.. I get a package.. there was a note on the top saying:
'I remember how it made you smile, I want you to have it'

I was so happy that she gave it to me.. I found the perfect place to put it up in my room.. a hidden spot just like the faces in the photo..

something was off.. I changed the position more than once.. But there was something different about it when I looked at it this time..

Day by day, the hidden faces just kept bothering me more and more.. I could almost see the tears on them rather than the laughs I thought I saw..

Today, I took it down.. It's just too sad for me to look at! I couldn't bare it anymore..

9 comments:

  1. esh da.. i dont get it :( is it bec of u, ur mood, ur perception, that u started to see the tears or were they sad all along? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that story sounds like an amazing poem..

    bas min jid gahar when something that once made you feel good turned out to be a misery in disguise..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can perceive a photo differently every time you look at it.. That's the beauty of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved what you just wrote!
    And the way you wrote it. It had simply moved me, I dunno what you were indicating but to me this small incident represents how every time you look at the same relationship, you're viewing it through new eyes which can be harsh sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beejay, i think it was just the state i was in then, and the one i'm in now..

    Froggy, i thought it would make a good story for a poem too.. u try and i'll try :)

    anamathystworld, very true..

    numbing charade, thank u for ur kind words.. i think it represents how u preserve urself at the time i guess

    it's a beautiful photo.. it just makes me sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay that's so sweet of her ..i think the photo is a reflection of urself at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you noticed the explosion of photo-taking? blame it on facebook and the ability to pompously display your life online. People have become masters at faking smiles, or surprise, or sexiness... you name it. As soon as a camera lens is raised, chics will push pout, push their chest out, and raise a shoulder up (aka drunken shoulder).

    My point is, if you look at old pictures, the sentiments are much more real. The film-roll was limited so you only took good pictures.

    Put the picture back up. It doesn't matter why they were covering their faces, and whether they were smiling or crying--they were real.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAAAHHH... Now u make me wanna DIE to see this photo ... Maybe post a pic :S

    I remembered "3amati"!

    SnoG x

    ReplyDelete
  9. squireliya, i think ur right!!

    Trevelyana, it is a beautiful picture and i plan to put it up again someday.. when im not so emotionally all over the place maybe lol

    anon, who i'm guessing in kashkash maybe next time ur in london ;)

    ReplyDelete